Ever since I can remember our little Halle Jo has had a facination with Temples. She loves them all but her very favorite is the
"Chocolate Temple". Since she was little, every time we passed the Salt Lake Temple on the way to my parent's, she would look out and say, "I love my Chocolate Temple". We can only assume that she called it that because it is the only temple that isnt "white".
So as you can imagine she was thrilled when she heard that she would get the chance to see "inside" a real temple, as soon as the Draper Temple was completed. It sits on the hill close to my brother Bret's home. Since they learned that they would get to go inside, the kids have asked lots of questions. Although we know it is the Lords house we had to explain to Halle that she wouldnt be meeting Jesus there, we would only feel His spirit. But my favorite was when she asked me if there was a treasure in the temple, I of course had to respond with Yes! And then went on to explain that inside the temple is the greatest treasure on earth, its Eternal Life with our families! Although this probably wasnt the answer she was expecting she smiled with approval!
We had soo much fun this night! The Draper Temple was beautiful! My favorite part was sitting in the sealing room and looking both ways into the "Eternal" mirrors. And the murals painted on the walls in the endowment rooms, they were amazing. What a peaceful feeling inside those walls. Its such a sacred and Holy place. How lucky are we to be soo close to soo many. We went on Saturday January 30th, with our family, my sister Kelly's family and my brother Bret's family. It was so great to be able to take our children and let them have a glimps into forever! I can still remember my experience going through the Jordan River Temple back in June 1981. I was only 13! WOW how time flies! My testimony about Temples and the importance of temple work has grown over the years. We are so blessed to have so many, so close! I am grateful to be a forever family!
Patiently waiting...
1 comment:
Shelly you are so great to bring your camera along that was an amazing evening. I would loves pics!
Post a Comment