


WOW!! What an amazing and FUN day! My friend Amy Frei, her sister Amber and I all headed down to Salt Lake City this morning to the new Deseret Book building for a book signing with David Archuleta. David was the first runner up on season 7 of AMERICAN IDOL! David is from right here in Utah. He went to Murray High School with my nephew Cade Bullough. He has written a book called "Chords of Stregnth" where he talks about his life and all that has brought him to this point in his life. He is a member of the church and also talks about his faith and how important his family is to him. It was soo fun to meet him and to hear him sing. He sang two songs, Crush - from his last CD, and then Broken Road by Rascall Flats - ocapella! It was amazing, he is very talented! Hundereds of people came out to see him perform and sign books. We were lucky enough to be up close to the front. Amy's mom Patty was there at 6:00 am and saved us a spot! But the greatest bonus was when Sheri Dew - president of Deseret Book, walked past us. I couldnt help myself and had to go say hello and tell her what an amazing woman I think she is. She was nice enough to also let us get our picture taken with her. She was very cordial and fun to talk to.What a fun day!







What an honor to meet Sherri Dew - she was wonderful!
2 comments:
FUUUNN!!!! What a neat experience. LuCKKKKYYYY girl you!
Shelly! I love that you are blogging again! What a fun post and such great shots of David! I'm so glad you came with us! My mom is a crazed fan for sure!
Post a Comment