Monday, December 20, 2010

1 Treatment down...32 More to go..

1 treatment down....32 more to go...that was Jared's comment as he came out of his first radiation treatment today. He asked them if I could go back with thim and take some pictures before his treatment, (I promise it was not my idea)..but I was glad to beable to see what he will be having done each time. So they made him a mask and a pillow last week. Its very important that he is radiated in the exact same place each day, so they made this mask and pillow, then they snap the mask to the table. It was awful! I have closterfobia, so to see my sweet husband lying their, with his face snaped down to a table was really hard for me. He cant open his eyes or even open his mouth to speak. I asked the Rad guys what they do if someone like me had to have treatments. They said they have to take anxiety medicine before each treatment! Yikes! I had anxiety just being in the room! So I quickly took some pictures and got out of there. His actual radiation lasts just under 10 minutes and they radiate him in 4 different places. He will loose his hair, but just in the places where he has his treatment, so he might look a little funny, but that is the least of our worries! Well just have to keep his hair short. Hopefully he doesnt get too sick! He is doing so great, Ive been soo proud of the way he has handeled all of this! Love you Jared!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I miss you guys so much! You are in our thoughts and prayers always.