After 3 weeks, we are almost half way through Jared's Radiation & Chemo treatments. He will have a total of 33 treatments, so if everything goes as scheduled, he should be done sometime around, monday February 7th. The only thing that will change that is if he gets sick or if his white blood count goes down too low. They take a sample of his blood each week, and so far his count has been above normal, so thats great! He has been really lucky and he has felt really good! The only side effect he has had is that he sometimes feels a little dizzy at night after he takes his Chemo pills. But other than that, he has done great! But because of the Radiation he has a few balding spots on his head. The doctor said he will just loose his hair where they are radiating him. Its hard to tell in the pictures above, but its getting a little thin...we cut it short again last night, because hes finding hair everywhere!
When we go up to the Huntsman center for his appointments, they have puzzles in all the waiting rooms, at first I thought it was a little strange, but one day while I was waiting for Jared I sat down and started working on one, and I realized it was very relaxing, and very therapeutic. Sooo, weve been doing puzzles at our house! I think weve done a total of 5 puzzles, 1000 peices each! Its really fun and its been good for Jared...and It keeps him using his brain!
No comments:
Post a Comment